CDW is currently seeking a Building Science Engineer to join their team!
Reporting to the President, the Building Science Engineer is responsible for conducting forensic investigations, property condition assessments, repair and rehabilitation strategies, client proposals and reports.
- Conducting forensic investigations of building envelope failures/deterioration.
- Conducting Property Condition Assessments.
- Producing detailed technical reports and letters describing on-site field observations with engineering recommendations and construction cost estimates.
- Developing repair and rehabilitation/restoration strategies.
- Preparing bid documents, including contract drawings and specifications, scopes of work, etc.
- Managing projects and clients from the conceptual design phase to final completion, including administering contracts under construction.
- Overseeing quality assurance and quality control procedures for all deliverables, specifically the construction drawings and specifications as they relate to building envelope systems.
- Providing technical advice to clients.
- Supporting existing clients.
- Developing new client relationships.
- Assisting with preparing client proposals.
- Assisting field staff and various team members with project execution during all project phases.
- Assisting with mentoring and training of junior staff.
- Degree/Diploma in Civil/Building Science Engineering or Technology program from an accredited university or college, with a specialty in Building Science preferred.
- Registered as a P.Eng. with the Professional Engineers of Ontario, as a CET with OACETT (or eligible for registration in the near future).
- Experience and knowledge of major building systems, conducting whole building property condition assessments and preparing Reserve Fund Studies are considered to be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience in Building Science Engineering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to communicate clearly in English, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit is considered to be an asset but is not a requirement.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and has access to a vehicle.
- Willing to travel/work remotely, as required.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with solid leadership skills who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. A passion for building science and a strong background in roofing systems, 5 years of relevant experience and a P.Eng., CET or equivalent is required. If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career helping to rehabilitate buildings, we are interested in working with you.
In alignment with the organization’s Vaccine Policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated. Please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state Building Science Engineer in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.