Our client is a national not-for-profit with a focus on women’s issues, advocacy and programs. They currently have an immediate opening for a new role as Finance and Operations Manager in their downtown Toronto location. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance and Operations Manager should have solid experience with grants and NFP finance requirements.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact:
The Finance and Operations Manager will supervise all federal grant management and reporting on grant performance as well as provide financial and technical management to ensure the best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, and ensuring timely preparation of donor financial reports.
Specific duties include:
- Monitor project budgets to ensure that spending occurs as planned and that variances are anticipated, noted, and corrected in compliance with funder requirements; ensure that key program personnel are aware of budgetary resources and are able to monitor their budgets respectively.
- Review and consolidate monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy and to provide regular feedback as well as for distribution to senior management.
- Prepare any budget revisions and projections and respond to any funder questions.
- Prepare funder reports, projections, and any other required donor submissions.
- Ensure that an appropriate segregation of duties exists to ensure effective operations.
- Prepare and revise finance and operation guidelines in order that they adhere to Government of Canada funder and CRA donor requirements.
- Collaborate with the Finance team and information technology supplier to ensure that policies and processes are configured to reflect current policy and legislative requirements.
- Act as Chief Privacy Officer and conduct annual audit of privacy and data management.
- Liaise and manage suppliers for IT and data analytics
- Liaise with IT suppliers to annually update servers, network equipment and firewalls.
- Monitor maintenance service contracts and agreements for the organization.
Work as part of the team responsible for the financial accounting functions by supporting:
- Bookkeeping (A/R and A/P).
- Weekly cheque runs, including mailing and filing invoices.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages and reports, including data analysis.
- Prepare annual WSIB and HST filing.
- Prepare monthly cash position reports.
- Track and provide bookkeeping for charitable donations made and received; assist with the issuance of official receipts.
- Support payroll processing and audit preparation.
- Maintain accurate and CRA compliant files for all transactions.
- Understand supplier contracts in order to summarize all important terms, conditions and contingency dates.
- Additional duties based on organizational requirements
Required Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, bookkeeping, accounting or other relevant field required and a professional designation in bookkeeping is desired.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in finance, bookkeeping and payroll administration.
- Management of contribution agreements programs funded by the Government of Canada, including experience managing finance compliant with Treasury Board guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of non-profit and charitable financial management rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports.
This is a full time, permanent position. Interested candidates should submit their résumé and cover letter, stating salary expectations, to email@example.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation, please. Please specify Finance and Operations Manager in the subject line. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.