Our client, a youth-focused not-for-profit organization located in Toronto, has an immediate opening for a Communications Coordinator to join their growing team. The Communications Coordinator will support the organization’s marketing, communications and community outreach efforts.
As a key member of the communications team, you’ll create and deliver innovative communications and engaging content and activities. This role will include managing content for the website, videos, PowerPoints, social media channels, town halls and more.
- Developing and executing innovative and effective communications and stakeholder engagement initiatives across various mediums that are informative and relevant to the audience.
- Maintaining the organization’s online/digital marketing, including, email marketing and social media channels by preparing and posting appropriate and up-to-date content.
- Working alongside an amazing cross-functional group of professionals and a talented youth team.
- Content management of the organization’s website.
- Developing and implementing strategies that will enhance visibility and awareness of the organization’s impact with members, the community and our partners.
- Identifying and resolving any issues with promotional content in a timely and professional manner.
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
- 2+ years experience in a communications or marketing role
- Exceptional presentation and communications skills, both written and spoken
- Social Media experience coupled with an understanding of search engine optimization and analytics
- Hands-on experience in website content management
- Experience writing for a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner
- Exceptional organizational abilities and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize workload
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans and materials
- Solutions-focused with the ability to take initiative, be resourceful, proactive and manage multiple projects
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset
Please note that this is a work-from-home position due to COVID-19 restrictions. Interested candidates should submit their résumé and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or solicitation, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.