Our client, AWCBC, is currently looking for a Data Coordinator to join their team. This position effectively manages the collection and maintenance of the National Workplace Injury Statistics Program (NWISP) which consists of annual statistics collected and collated from AWCBC member jurisdictions and housed on the Online Data Community (AOC). The position also responds to member and public requests for customized data. The position oversees the maintenance and updating of the AWCBC coding manual and training material on the AOC in collaboration with the national Technical Coding Committee.
AWCBC’s Online Data Community (AOC)
- Collects and maintains NWISP statistics that have been uploaded by jurisdictions to the AOC.
- Makes and maintains changes to the Coding Manual including training material and tools as requested by the Technical Coding Committee. Participates in their meetings as required.
- Alerts Data Analyst to AOC issues and suggests improvements.
National Work Injury Statistics Program (NWISP)
- Manages user accounts including creating user classes, adding/editing/deleting user accounts and changing permissions.
- Assists the Data Analyst in updating occupational, industry and NWSIP standards to ensure currency.
- Manages NWISP data submissions from each jurisdiction, resolving any submission issues or escalating to Data Analyst for assistance.
- Produces the annual NWISP Publication via automation in the AOC and when NWISP Quick Stats are implemented in 2021, will be responsible for publishing NWISP data as received and not waiting until year-end.
- Participates in and provides support to the NWISP Committee and Technical Coding Committee by helping with meeting agendas, materials, and meeting logistics.
- Suggests NWISP related enhancements on the AOC and funnel changes requested by NWISP Committee to the Data Analyst.
NWISP Public Data Requests
- Responds to ad hoc statistical requests from members and the public; communicates with external stakeholders/public to understand their needs and requests.
- Extracts and provides data through NWISP or refers users to alternative resources (KSMs or other organizations).
- Works with Data Analyst to advance accessibility to and understanding of NWISP data.
- Works with Data Analyst to advance data self-serve options and other enhancements to the statistical section of the website.
- Assists the Data Analyst in the preparation of reports, charts, and presentations for the CEO and AWCBC meetings.
- Collects investment returns from all jurisdictions on behalf of the National Investment Officers and produces a quarterly report.
- Provides back-up for the Data Analyst when he/she is absent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills; good knowledge of Excel, Access and other data collection and reporting software
- Experience with statistical coding and reporting
- Good oral and written skills
- Good interpersonal skills: customer service focused
- Knowledge of surveying techniques
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience or knowledge of the Canadian Workers’ Compensation system would be a definite asset
Continuous learning • Data gathering • Project and task management • Math skills
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- University or college degree or equivalent experience working in the field of statistics, data administration or Information Technology
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Interested candidates should submit their résumé and salary expectations to email@example.com. No phone calls or solicitation, please. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.