Our client, Earthroots, a grassroots conservation organization dedicated to the protection of Ontario’s wilderness, wildlife and watersheds through research, education and action is currently seeking an Executive Director.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Earthroots staff, programs and execution of its mission to protect the ecological integrity and cultural significance of wilderness, wildlife and wild rivers.
Overseeing a small team, this hands-on role is responsible for a variety of functions, with a particular emphasis on fundraising, along with financial management, administration and member support.
- Provides dynamic leadership and an appealing, persuasive public face for Earthroots.
- Develops and implements fundraising initiatives including the creation of fundraising promotional materials, member outreach and grant applications and submissions.
- Works with the Director of Campaigns on campaign strategy and content/messaging.
- Networks with partner organizations; actively participate in meetings and events.
- Working with the Development Officer to manage marketing and communications.
- Manages operations and administration for the organization including human resources, building management, IT, office equipment, leases and security, etc.
- Oversees the bookkeeper of all financial management including budgeting, managing cash flow, internal reporting and accounts payable and receivable
- Manages government regulatory filings; keeps abreast of legislative changes and requirements for charities.
- Keeps the Board of Directors informed of Earthroots’ operations and programs; attends Board meetings and acts as Advisory Board liaison. Participates in organizing the AGM.
- University degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a senior role within a non-profit environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and grant applications.
- Experience in marketing; excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A passion for the mission of Earthroots.
- Must have a solid comprehension of finance, particularly within NFPs, including regulatory filings.
- Experience in managing a small team.
- Operations management experience including leases, IT, office equipment and HR.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for conservation and the environment, and who enjoys working in a busy, hands-on role with lots of variety. Interested candidates should submit their résumé and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or solicitations, please. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.