DesignAgency is one of the most distinguished design studios in Canada and our services are widely sought after, with clients in more than 26 cities and 9 countries worldwide. Their global success is based on a high level of design excellence and our ability to create special environments through narratives developed with the client. Working for leading companies, developers and hospitality groups, their clients work directly with one or more of their partners, reflecting their belief that great design requires leadership, focus and commitment. DesignAgency’s success is based on the excellence of their people, their diversity of experiences and the honest and open culture. Due to growth, they have an immediate opening for a new role of Human Resources Manager.
Reporting to VP of Operations, and working closely with the senior leadership team including Directors and the Founding Partners the Human Resources Manager will lead all HR functions at DesignAgency in this stand-alone role. Combining both strategic and HR-operational responsibilities, the Human Resources Manager will need to establish the HR function and evaluate and improve on the firm’s current HR activities in order to meet its growth and strategic objectives.
- Design, develop and deliver tailored-HR strategies that help the business in the achievement of its strategic and tactical objectives
- Provide strategies to ensure effective talent management on a proactive basis to meet the needs of the growing firm
- Manage and conduct full-cycle recruiting, liaising, as required, with the teams in Toronto, L.A. and Barcelona
- Implement and conduct a seamless onboarding experience for new team members in conjunction with the studio coordinator and the team lead
- Contribute, with a continuous improvement mindset, to the implementation of a best in class talent function
- Provide counsel and expertise to senior leadership in managing complex HR issues
- Provide coaching and facilitation to people leaders in the resolution of employee relations’ situations
- Continue to promote the firm’s positive workplace culture of feedback, open communication and firm values
- Develop and deliver key HR communications and messaging as required
- Manage the total rewards by not only ensuring its administration but the value-add of base pay/variable pay, benefits, work-life, career development and employee recognition
- Manage benefits administration including annual renewals, managing broker relationships, and responding and assisting with employee queries.
- Lead the HR cycle activities with the leadership team and relevant stakeholders
- Conduct functional HR responsibilities including performance management, terminations, exit interviews, policy development, employee file management, and health and safety
- Track key HR metrics and generate/present reports to the senior management team
- Lead special HR projects and initiatives as directed by the senior leadership team or as part of the firm’s strategic objectives.
Key Skills and Requirements
- University degree in human resources management or related discipline
- Human resources designation (CHRP, CHRL, CHRE) preferred
- Minimum of 7 to 9 years of experience in human resources within a high speed/high growth environment
- Strong knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Solid generalist experience including recruiting, compensation and benefits, performance management, terminations and employee relations
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to influence up, down and across the organization
- Comfortable with working in stand-alone HR role
- Strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others; demonstrated excellent coaching skills
- Previous experience in advertising, media, entertainment or other creative industries and/or within a professional services firm an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in English
- Spanish communication skills would be an asset, but not required
This is a full time, permanent position. Interested candidates should submit their résumé and cover letter, stating salary expectations, to email@example.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation, please. Please specify Manager, Human Resources in the subject line. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.