Our client, KLM Planning Partners Inc. is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Manager, Accounting and Operations to manage their internal administration and operations. Responsibilities include accounting, bookkeeping, general HR administration and business operations, as well as, assisting and supporting senior management with various aspects of the business. The position is responsible for the supervision of the Office Administrator role.
Reporting directly to the Senior Partners, the Manager, Accounting and Operations is an integral part of the team who will ensure that all office functions and business operations are carried out in a confidential, efficient and timely manner, in accordance with internal policies, procedures and regulations.
- Prepare, complete and process invoicing, payments, bank deposits, adjustments, reconciliations and statutory remittances
- Perform bookkeeping functions: accounts receivable and accounts payable using QuickBooks and Bill Quick
- Prepare and file annual reconciliations, including HST, EHT and WSIB
- Coordinate documentation for year-end activities, reconciliations and audits
- Perform collections activities
- Participate in meetings related to year-end processes and audits
Human Resources Administration
- Complete and enter data into ADP pay system
- Administer employee benefit plan
- Coordinate the onboarding of new employees
- Assist in maintaining vacation and absence tracking system using Collage
- Respond to employee questions regarding KLM employment including, but not limited to pay and group benefits
- Work with payroll provider to ensure bi-weekly payroll is processed
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting/Bookkeeping or Business Administration
- 5 to 7 years of office management experience in accounting and/or bookkeeping, accounts payable, receivables. Experience with general HR administration is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years experience with QuickBooks is required and similar experience with Bill Quick or equivalent invoicing software is an asset.
- Experience with budgets and financial reporting
- Experience with payroll and group benefits administration; experience with payroll systems (ADP) and statutory requirements is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office
This is a full time, permanent position. Interested candidates should submit their résumé and cover letter, stating salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2018. No phone calls or agency solicitation, please. Please specify Manager, Accounting and Operations in the subject line. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.