Our client, Nellie’s – Shelter, Education & Advocacy for all Women and Children has a fantastic opportunity to join the organization as a Program Director.
For over 47 years Nellie’s has been providing shelter and support for marginalized women and their children in the Greater Toronto Area. We are mandated to operate programs and services for women and children who had or are experiencing violence, poverty, and homelessness.
Your commitment, decisiveness and passion for Nellie’s mission and values will make you an ideal candidate. You will possess knowledge of feminist antiracism/anti-oppression policies and expertise of woman and child abuse combined with a deep understanding of barriers facing women and children in their re-establishment process. Working closely with the Executive Director and Director of Fund Development you will be part of the senior management team.
Our core operations involve our 36-bed emergency shelter for women and their children who are homeless or escaping violent situations. In addition to our shelter, Nellie’s operates Community Support and Outreach programs that provide aftercare support and follow-up services to women and their children after they leave the shelter, as well as transitional housing support for women living in the community who are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless.
The Program Director’s contributions will be to plan, implement and evaluate services and programs while managing the Housing and Community staff and Shelter Manager.
You will be responsible for the planning and development of the services and programs at Nellie’s by:
- Ensuring effective and safe delivery of the programs that meet the clients and other stakeholders’ agreements
- Evaluating programs and recommending changes to ensure program effectiveness
- Developing and enhancing community resources and partnerships and represent the organization on issues impacting women and children
- Managing the implementation of work plans for direct reports, measuring and evaluating performance in relation to objectives
- Complying with all relevant legislation and maintaining budget allocation
Nellie’s is committed to the development of an agency that reflects the women it serves. This position is open to all women.*
*Women signifies anyone who self-identifies as female, femme and/or woman. This includes transwomen, cisgender women, non-binary people who identify as femme or female-presenting. Applications from equity-seeking groups are strongly encouraged.
- Postgraduate education in social services or comparable experience
- Management experience within a unionized environment, preferably in a similar setting
- Previous work experience in an environment with ongoing crisis and where there are client survivors of violence
- Experience in Housing and familiarity with WISH and SMIS an asset
Interested candidates should submit their résumé and salary expectations to email@example.com. No phone calls or solicitation, please. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.