Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for nearly 50 years. As a charitable health care organization, Renascent is committed to the values of compassion, respect, and empathy, as well as evidence-based approaches and continuous improvement. Renascent addiction treatment programs provide person-centred care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12 step facilitation with current best practice clinical approaches. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are also offered for family members, including children. In addition to providing treatment, Renascent actively engages communities through the Renascent Foundation to raise awareness, funds and resources for the treatment and prevention of addiction.
Reporting to the Manager, Paul J. Sullivan Centre, the Registered Practical Nurse assists the Medical Director in providing addiction medicine, medical care and medical case management to clients in the Renascent inpatient treatment. The position requires the nurse to work closely with the Medical Director in areas of patient assessment, addiction medicine, primary care, medical case management, referral, psychiatric first aid and record-keeping while also serving as the medical liaison with the counselling, therapy and treatment team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist with admission assessment and intake assessments congruent with Registered Practical Nurse level of training and expertise.
- Regular review and reconciliation of client medication records.
- Data entry into patient files in Electronic Medical Record
- Case manage and triage medical needs of clients in treatment
- Provide intramuscular injections and other medical procedures congruent with Registered Practical Nurse training and expertise.
- Monitor client medical conditions such as assisting clients with blood sugar checks and checking vitals signs.
- Assist the Medical Director with administrative flow and communication with counselling team, management and partnering pharmacies and medical clinics.
- Obtain records, consents and charts from referring and partnering medical and psychiatric services.
- Schedule client appointments and follow-ups with Medical Director
- Scan documents into Electronic Medical Record.
- Registration in good standing as a Practical Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses
- 3 to 5 years working as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Experience in psychiatric, mental health or addiction medicine is an asset.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.Excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills
Submitting an Application
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before October 6th, 2021. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged. Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.