Our client, the Canadian Council for Youth Prosperity is adding a Senior Director of Operations and Enablement to their team!
This exciting opportunity reports to the Executive Director (ED) and ensures the success of CCYP by playing a critical role in ensuring the organization achieves strategic, organizational and program-specific goals and objectives. The Senior Director, Operations and Enablement has day-to-day oversight over delivery against funding agreements, program delivery, human resources practices, and financial and risk management, privacy and administrative functions for the organization. The Senior Director, Operations and Enablement partners closely with the ED and with their colleagues across CCYP, working collaboratively to deliver against strategic plan and vision. An advocate for diversity, inclusion and equity ensuring the work of CCYP is youth-centric and maximizes opportunities for youth to co-create solutions.
The following are the high-level responsibilities associated with the role.
Program Oversight and Deliverables
- Oversee the portfolio of CCYP projects ensuring overall staffing, budget and deliverables are within funding agreements, guide teams in their preparation of project updates and reports on progress to board, Council and funders.
- Work with senior leadership to ensure strong integration across the diverse portfolio of work at CCYP, ensure alignment of projects, communications and our activities to the CCYP strategic plan.
- Drive strong project management discipline across CCYP ensuring good forward planning, effective resourcing and that all teams have the tools and resources they need to effectively plan and deliver their work as established in the project scope.
- Conduct regular team and leadership meetings to share information and updates from the board, council and celebrate the successes within the team.
- Build strong team culture across a remote team with a focus on inclusion, teamwork and accountability.
- Coach and develop direct reports ensuring a commitment to high performance, their success in role and success of CCYP.
- Coach and mentor people managers across CCYP, supporting them in navigating their responsibilities of people leadership.
- Establish and maintain strong HR approaches and practices including recruiting, onboarding, performance, development and contract oversight.
- Provide day-to-day oversight and ensure smooth operations across CCYP, acting as the escalation point for the team.
- Develop and implement operational practices that adapt and grow with the CCYP, identify and close gaps, to optimize the efficiency, effectiveness and impact of the team.
- Manage and address issues for the organization which could include health and safety, premises, or HR.
Finance, Risk and Governance
- Manage strong policies and procedures to ensure CCYP meets all finance, audit and governance requirements as a not-for-profit and within funding agreements.
- Work closely with the team and Treasurer to prepare materials and updates for presentation to the board, attending Board meetings to present operational and financial updates.
- Participate in audit process as needed including managing the selection process and participating in review/preparation of materials for auditor.
- Conduct and manage privacy and security compliance reviews. Act as Privacy Officer and H&S lead for the organization.
- 5-7 years experience in a similar capacity overseeing general operations, including IT, HR administration, finance and operations management.
- Experience within a not-for-profit environment including a solid understanding of NFP finance, funding agreements and board governance is essential.
- Very strong process and project management skills.
- Experience leading a remote team with a demonstrated commitment to building a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Exceptional people skills; ability to manage, mentor and empower the team.
- The ability to communicate in both official languages is considered a definite asset.